Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Back again

What a whirlwind. I took a little hiatus here while Ben and I got used to both working full-time jobs. It isn't the easiest because of some of the other commitments we have going on, but we make it work. Working at the same place really helped. We also did our best to take advantage of the last little bit of 'normal' life we will have for a long, long time. Normal now means something different to us, and includes waking up several times in the middle of the night, making all sorts of funny faces, and having very little 'us' time. But we are so in love. Our little man arrived at the beginning of January and what a joy he is. We are thrilled to be parents and are having the most amazing time. We even wonder why we didn't do this sooner! There are certainly tough times, but really, it hasn't been as hard as we expected! Everyone had us prepared for the worst I suppose. Probably a big part of what makes things easier is the huge support we have from friends and family. We are blessed.
I've been wondering what to do with this blog. I am not great at keeping it up, but I think I'll keep updating when I have the chance. I hope that I can share some of the ways I deal with having a disability, and that someone will find encouragement knowing that they aren't the only one facing difficulties. I'd especially love to encourage other moms - we face special challenges, but through those challenges I think we are blessed with the chance to be amazing role models for our kiddos.

No comments: