Sunday, January 17, 2010

Hope

Tomorrow I have an appointment with another neurologist. This will be the fourth neurologist I've seen. While it is not exactly the way I want to spend my afternoon, I have a sense of excitement for what could come of it. So far I have been told that there isn't much that I can do to improve my situation. I should just wait for things to get worse (and they are). There must be something. I feel like I need a whole solution - someone that can tell me that even though my spinal cord will not necessarily heal, there are things that I can do to improve my independence and mobility - exercises, medications, assistive aids. Maybe this doctor will take that approach. In fact, this doctor may even be able to provide a more accurate diagnosis. Why not be optimistic? So, I have hope for tomorrow.

No comments: