Monday, February 22, 2010

Feeling crafty

Lately all I want to do it make things. I can't stop looking at fabric online. I don't know what has gotten into me. Maybe I've been unemployed for too long. So, this weekend I whipped together a tote bag for my friend J's birthday. My goal for the year is to make most of my gifts. Not really because it is more economical, and it is definitely not easier that just buying something off the shelf, but I think the personal touch is so special.
I love how simple it is, yet still has a punch of fun. The exterior is a simple brown linen, and the lining is fabric a friend brought me from Japan recently. I looked online for free tote bag patterns/tutorials, but didn't really see any that I liked. They weren't box-y enough. Instead, I used a bag I already have as a rough guide.

No comments: