Monday, March 01, 2010

With Glowing Hearts

The Olympics are over. I can't even really believe it yet. These past few weeks have been so amazing, so heart warming; it is hard to describe. I have always loved the Olympics - our TV stays permanently on during each one. But these were different - they were in Canada. It has been such an awesome opportunity to feel so connected, so one with the other 33 million Canadians who span this enormous country.

So, since February 12, our TV has stayed on almost constantly. I saw 25 of the 26 medals we won live (sorry, 4-man bobsleigh, I was watching men's curling), and many, many other great performances by our fabulous athletes. The other night after watching several gold medal performances I said to my husband that my heart felt 'warm'. The success of our little country in these games and the connection of the people across it has really made an impact on me. I haven't been able to keep dry eyes as I have experienced the stories of these games (like Joannie Rochette).

For a recap of the games: Stephen Brunt Olympic Montage

No comments: