Thursday, March 04, 2010

Margaret Bag


This weekend I made a lovely sling bag for my sister-in-law. The pattern came from Oh, Fransson! The look is very similar to the one I made a couple weekends ago, as I used the same brown linen fabric for the outside, and a more colourful print for the lining. I also appliqued on a flower from the lining fabric onto the outside.


It is a very pretty style, but it is quite large. If I was to make it again I might make it a bit smaller. After making these two bags recently, I have so many ideas running through my head for other possibilities! I just need someone else to make something for! Well, and having my own sewing machine would also help. Right now I am using my mom's. So, I can really only get things done on the weekend when we visit. I have a small apartment, so I am looking into a half size sewing machine that I can hide away when I'm not using it. For now, I'm content to get my sewing fixes on the weekend, until my mom has enough of me taking over her sewing room!

No comments: