Monday, March 08, 2010

This weekend...

This weekend the weather was so lovely. I think spring must be just around the corner. And if it isn't, I am very thankful for the brief showing it has given us recently. I am finding winter to be difficult for me because my spasticity increases when I am cold. A person without HSP might shake and shiver a little when they are cold, but my legs become very stiff, shaky and unstable. The warmth of spring brings more relaxed muscles. Another reason why I am not so much a fan of winter is because I seem to be bound inside. There isn't much to do outside in the winter if you don't plan to be moving. I used to enjoy playing in the snow, going for brisk walks, and snowboarding in the winter. Just staying on my feet in the winter is enough activity for me! I have to be very careful of my footing and often there is snow and ice all over walkways. It is something I would have never really paid attention to - some snow on the walkway, but it can pose real challenges when your feet don't get very high off of the ground. So, with spring weather here, I can finally get outside. I might not be going for a run or playing soccer, but I can enjoy the weather by taking (very) short walks, tossing a frisbee, and just relaxing outside in the sun.

We also had some yummy treats to match the spring weather. I made a variation of Kraft's Peanut Butter and Chocolate Ribbon Dessert. It is a favourite around here. I usually make it in little ramekins so we can easily grab a portion size for a snack. It is so cool and smooth - it melts in your mouth. Our other treat was we opened a bottle of icewine that we bought on our honeymoon (almost 2 years ago). mmmmm. It was a sweet nectar. Here's to spring!

No comments: